So I wake up, check my Hotmail and realise I've gotten an email from a girl named A and Kaykay who has nominated my blog for The Liebster Blog Awards.
So what this means, is that someone who has less than 200 followers, an upcoming blogger and is nominated by someone who feels that persons blog deserves the recognition from all the hard work that's been put into writing and maintaining it. I thank you for that, A and Kaykay! This gives us all a chance to see new blogs which you love as well as getting to know each other to the blogging community.
The word Liebster means 'favourite' in German. Meaning The Favourite Blog Awards.
In order to accept and participate for the awards, there are certain steps you have to undertake in order to be officially nominated.
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.
1. I've been writing for a long time, creating stories and poems and showing them to as many people as I could find.
2. I'm very interested in the paranormal and I love writing stories having to do with the supernatural and thriller genre.
3. I am currently writing a novel called Murder Case: The Secret. It's a supernatural/thriller/crime story. You can find 5 chapters for a sneak preview by clicking on the name of my novel, or by going to the tab at the top and clicking on its name. I've also published poems in school newsletters.
4. I've won two writing competitions in my lifetime so far. One led me to do a photoshoot and the other led me to be promoted with a professional review about my writing skills. You can see the link here. http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/fff-winner-mindy-saini.html
5. I love reading books. I still haven't got a bookshelf as of yet, but I've collected at least 4 large boxes full of my favourite books. They are mostly in the sci-fi, thriller, supernatural and crime genre.
6. I'm a Harry Potter nut. I've read each book more than 30 times. Yes, you heard right. I love the series so much that I know everything about it! Ask me any question about it.
7. I love reading other people's blogs that have to do with writing and reviewing books they've read.
8. I created my blog to write about my writing, put my novel chapters up, write about my life experiences (like kissing and flirting with Jeremy Renner) as well as writing about haunted places around Australia.
9. My most favourite actor and movie is Arnold Schwarzenegger and Terminator 2.
10. One day my books will be available in the bookstores and I hope to be a bestseller one of these days. I really want people to love reading my books and I want them to be immersed into the world I created.
11. My most favourite food is Chicken Rice. It's an Asian dish which I can eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. Yeah, I love it THAT much. Try it out. It's amazing. :)
The second are the 11 questions from A and Kaykay who nominated me. I'll be answering the questions.
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I love to write. I have all of these ideas that need to get out of my head. I blog because I want people to see the side that I'm so passionate about and to know that I'm serious about my writing.
2. Do you read other blogs and why?
Yes, I do read other blogs; other writing blogs actually. I like to see how others use their imagination, because we all use our imaginations differently and it's interesting to see how others work. Plus, it's extremely fascinating to read their work.
3. Which is your favorite book and why?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's my favourite because firstly, I love Harry Potter and I really love time travel stories. Plus, Sirius Black!!! I've read so many times, it's just so fascinating and I love it so much.
4. What writing means for you?
Writing means letting a part of your imagination and soul onto a piece of paper (or on the computer). It means expanding your mind to many different things.
5. How do you spend your free time?
I love to read my favourite books, watch my favourite movies, listen to my favourite movie soundtracks and work on my blog and novel. All of these go hand in hand in helping me expand my mind. I also love cooking and experimenting with food.
6. What was your greatest moment for the year that passed?
This answer is very simple. It happened on the 8th of August, 2012. The day I kissed and flirted with Jeremy Renner. Jeremy is a great man, so to read about my experience with pictures, check it out! =)
7. Which five words describe you best?
Shy, imaginative, romantic, commitment and persistence.
8. What would you encourage other people to do?
Follow your hearts, really. If you're really passionate about something, go for it. Take steps to get to your goal, whether it be writing for freelance to get your work out or taking courses to up your skills. Go for it.
9. What would you change in your life if you could?
Become more confident about my body and up my self-esteem. I'm working on it at the moment so I can make myself stronger.
10. What advice you would give to a new writer?
Check out my article for inspirational tips: http://sksainitheauthor.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/10-techniques-to-gain-inspiration-for.html
Like I said before, go for it. Write everything down, expand it. Research and do what you need to do in order to make yourself better. Get people to review your work.
11. If there’s a word that would describe how you want this year to turn out, what is that word?
These questions are from KayKay which will be answered by me.
12. How would you describe your blog?
I would say it's full of a variety of the paranormal and my life experience.
13. Has blogging made you a better writer?
I would say that it has. I've really gotten loads of feedback and advice for my writing and always try to make myself a better writer.
14. What inspired you to start writing?
When I was younger, my parents gave me loads of books to read (not for my age group), and with my ghostly experiences, I loved to write down little stories I made on the computer. I thank my parents for my ability to write.
15. Have you published any book, if not, do you plan to publish soon?
I haven't published a book yet, but I am writing my paranormal novel which I hope to publish in the future. It's called Murder Case: The Secret which you can read 5 sneak peak chapters on the top of the tab.
16. Define what success means to you as a writer?
It means having been reviewed by critics in a positive light. It means people love what you have to read and look forward to future projects. That's happening to me at the moment. It's getting exciting!
17. Favourite author?
My favourite author is definitely J.K.Rowling. I love the universe she's created, she's inspired me so much to finish my dream as a writer.
18. What are your hopes for this year?
I hope to finally get into my Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing at University, so I can up my skills as a writer and become a published author and editor. I hope to finally get more recognition for my blog, my novel and my writing skills.
To the people that I nominate, these are 11 questions for you to answer in order to participate. The same questions as above.
- Why do you blog?
- Do you read other blogs and why?
- Which is your favorite book and why?
- What writing means for you?
- How do you spend you free time?
- What was your greatest moment for the year that passed?
- Which five words describe you best?
- What would you encourage other people to do?
- What would you change in your life if you could?
- What advice you would give to a new writer?
- If there’s a word that would describe how you want this year to turn out, what is that word?
1. Esabella S.
2. JoAnn. L Hill.
3. Edward Gardner.
4. Dogwalk Musings.
5. Rhyme Me A Smile.
6. Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer.
7. On the Edge of Life.
8. Always a Mom.
9. Little Things in Life.
10. Talia's Creative Printing.
11. Alone in Holy Land.
This message is for my nominees, when you complete all the steps, you'll be officially entered!!! Good luck to all and make sure you leave the link of your blog post down in the comments below with all the steps done like mine. Have fun! This gives us all a chance to get to know each other as well as promoting our favourite blogs to the world. :)