Thursday, October 15, 2009

Discipline...

I reckon there is a fine line between disciplining your child, and abusing your child. Disciplining your child means punishing them when they are naughty, but not to the extent where it leaves bruises and horrific marks on the body which is classified as abuse...
I think that the Australian system is stupid here, having been born and bred here, i come from a strict Indian family (not that strict mind you). Now Indian parents, these are the people that should be teaching parents how to discipline their children lol. Having my share of a lot of smacks when i was little (i'm only 19 now), i've grown into the person who everyone loves, i am repectful of my parents, elders, and am nice to everyone around me. And i was a good child to begin with unless i was out of line, like talking back to them or doing something which is dangerous...
I believe in slapping your children, and i said your children, like your own flesh and blood, you have no right to slap another persons child...i was slapped to the extent that i had a red mark on my face, of course i deserved it, and i'm not complaining about that lol, people classify that as abuse, but i don't see it, i see it as a way of teaching the boundries to kids when they get out of line....
I mean the people that complain that slapping is abuse, are the people that were actually physically abused by the hands of their parents, but just because a child gets slapped by the parent doesn't mean they are abusing them they way that person was....i think it's just bad memories coming back to them....

Anyway as i said yesterday in my post, i've thought of a new book for my book series, so that's now book number 3 :D
I am a serial daydreamer lol, when i look at something i just drift away into my own little world, which is probably how all my stories come about lol. This story is about, love, war, death and friendship...nothing less and nothing more lol. I'm not giving too much away, once i've written it and published you can read it :D
I'm a private person i have to admit, i sometimes don't like telling people about my stories in fear that they will steal my ideas for their own or something, but that was just my paranoia kicking in as usual, it's just a fear that i have and i suppose so many writers feel the same way too.
Gah, and writers block! That's the worst thing you can have, one day your mind is all for ideas and writing new paragraphs and next thing you know your mind just shuts down, not letting any ideas come to you at all, it's so frustrating...I've been having a lot of that lately, and i guess it just makes me angry...lol..i wonder how all the other famous writers feel when they're writing their next book...how do they get through it i wonder?
I base my stories on my vivid imagination, dreams, life experiences, friends and families...all these together make the perfect story in whatever story you are writing... :D I can say that from experience...
I started making a paranormal book based on a dream i had once, i've never had that dream out of my head since, but i make it into a story instead and people love it!
Wow, i was trying to draw last night and as i said before, i need the tutorials to help me...well for me i just suck at drawing 'people', that's right, i can draw everything else but people...It's pretty frustrating, but even following the tutorials doesn't help, not matter how many times i do it...i tried drawing Edward Cullen you know the character from Twilight? Well it came out totally different and the followed the tutorial....it looks like some freak or stern looking person lol...Well i've kept the drawing, but changing it is not gonna help it...
I can draw the Transformers, which turned out as my best drawings ever drawn! But not people lol....
Wow i am so dreading tomorrow, but i'm not going to say anything in case it reads it...yup i used the 'it'....

Anyway i think i've written enough for today, i reckon this whole post was just complaining lol, but i have to let it out somewhere lol. I'll probably write more later tonight or just tomorrow lol...

2 comments:

  1. even though i share you alot of things upthere, but slapping on a face wont do good.to punish is to cause what people avoid or don't like. thats why, criminals are locked up from freedom they like. children, avoid pain, but slapping on the face is dangerous, especially that the face got very sensitive organs like the eyes and the facial nerves which can cause a severe unreversable losses. you won't even imagine. So many parents tend to spunk their children instead. i suggest that too! its a big muscle, hidden, and do the trick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment, i do agree with you...but the slapping never did me any harm, and i'm fine...
    but yes some people do do it to the extent where it can damage the persons face, but my parents never did it to that extent, because lets face it, it is abuse at that point...

    cheers, and thanks for reading my blog...

    xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete